Companies, engineers, and data scientists need to use Graphic Information Software or GIS to store, manage, visualize, and analyze geographical data. Geoscience industry benefits from GIS software. Other enterprises that also need GIS are territory sales management, field services such as delivery services.
GIS software collects and manipulates data from maps to a company specific reporting systems to address problem areas and product penetration solutions. GIS data usually displays different kinds of assets, such as terrain, traffic, segment break-up, population density, and market accessibilibility on one map; this is also the research ground for deep data analysis.
You can understand GIS as an intelligent mapmaker who also understands your business, of course, after you have briefed about what you do. The mapmaker keeps a massive amount of information that includes terrain data, agricultural and industrial information, and so forth, in its own safe house. GIS software reduces your operational cost and radically improves your product targeting and forecasting.
GIS Software Review
If you are looking for a GIS software for your company, you are probably looking for a great GIS software review. Here, we have reviewed the top 9 best GIS software of 2022 for you.
ArcGIS is a comprehensive suite of mapping and location intelligence tools and capabilities. ArcGIS can be deployed on local machines, on your remote or on-premises servers, or as SaaS hosted by Esri (ArcGIS Online).
ArcGIS includes focused apps to deliver complete solutions for your business or organization. Along with software, Esri provides a comprehensive collection of data and content to geo-enrich your own data.
ArcGIS is highly preferred by scientists, engineers, and academics in the construction and engineering industry. With over 35% of its use by the enterprise segment, ArcGIS is leading and inventing its own industry.
ArcGIS is a complete pro in the “science-of-where”. Offered as SaaS, ArcGIS is ahead of the market with its 360 degrees solutions for enterprises, mid-markets, and small businesses. Some of the features offered by ArcGIS are:
- Cloud based, completely scalable services
- Customizable and easy deployment
- Spatial analysis and data science using spatial algorithms
- Complete assistance with field operations to keep the office team together
- Creation of maps on any device to enable a complete view
- Smart 3D visualization and and model generation
- Imagery and remote sensing capabilities using world’s largest imagery collection
- Integrate, crowdsource, access, share data and efficiently manage it
ArcGIS has many products and solutions on the market for business and individuals. You can choose parts and add-ons that you need and pay for exactly that. Find out more about the flexibility of pricing and choosing what you need.
Google Earth Pro
Google Earth Pro is a geospatial tool developed by Google. It appears as an easy to use, interactive globe on screen that you can move, rotate, magnify and configure. It provides users with an updated satellite view of the Earth.
This software enables users to collect “eye in the sky” images of the geographical terrain. The main purpose is for the user to gather data and analyze it for analysis and company or product forecasting.
Google Earth Pro is utilized across multiple industries including real estate, construction, mining, military, law enforcement, and more. Users can locate and outline properties, measure the land area for commercial development, and mark boundaries for sales and management purposes.
The main features of Google Earth Pro are:
- Geographical data capture
- Map creation
- Data publishing
- 2D and 3D data visualization
- Spatial analysis
- Movie making and streaming
- Ease of use for technical personnel as well as amateurs
- Advance tool for real land measurement
- High resolution printing
- Cloud hosting
- Pricing starts at zero cost
- Suitable for all company sizes
- For mobile and desktop use (web based)
If you are just starting to get familiar with GIS, Google Earth is definitely your first choice. Its trial version comes for free and can be used with ease in classrooms and offices for simple needs. Want to travel the world without leaving your seat, create a story or map, or want to explore the advanced features? Google Earth Pro is taking you places.
QGIS is a user-friendly Open Source Geographic Information System (GIS) licensed under the GNU General Public License. QGIS is an official project of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo).
QGIS is a volunteer-run project that welcomes contributions from geospatial specialists. It boasts of some of the most advanced features present on the market:
- Explore and compose maps including 2D or 3D map rendering, spatial bookmarking, and Annotation support
- Ownership or copyright support for users
- Create, manage, export data
- Analyze data using high-end tools. The graphical modeller allows you to combine or chain functions into a complete workflow in an intuitive graphical environment.
- Publish maps on internet
- Extend QGIS functionality through plugins using C++ or Python
- Access core plugins and extend using Python add-ons
- User group access
- Extensive documentation
- Case studies
QGIS is for you if you have technical background to launch and manage the issues. QGIS is free to use and that’s a huge plus for companies operating on a shoestring budget or who still have to test the waters before launching big. All you need is some instructions to get rolling through and you may start pouring producing results!
With open source software, there is a lot to learn and explore. You can get countless add-ons, customize them, make them, and launch them. Ready to take the step? Take a look at the fantastic QGIS.
BatchGeo takes your data from spreadsheets, to tables in web pages, and databases—anywhere you can visualize a table with location data you can paste it into BatchGeo.
BatchGeo validates your data and makes smart guesses about your locations – your intended columns like the address, city, state, zip code, or latitude / longitude. Then the software plots your postcodes / addresses and makes your pin map. It may take a few minutes depending on how many addresses you have, if you already had latitude and longitude in your data it will map instantly. After you are done mapping the addresses you can save to a web page using the “Continue & Save” option.
So here is BatchGeo for creating maps while using your data. If you join BatchGeo, you will be boarding a platform used by leading companies – Amazon, Apple, Bose, Cisco, CocaCola, to name a few!
Want to know more? Here are some BatchGeo features for you:
- Street view integration
- Heat map layer
- No ads
- 10x faster geo-coding
- Enhanced security
- Advanced data selection
- Free 30-day trial then at an unbeatable $99/month
BatchGeo is the preferred choice of sales teams, real estate agents, and store locators.
Go to BatchGeo and find the flow in your work!
ZeeMaps is your tool to create and share maps for presentations and analysis. It lets you create your map using simple data entries and is quick to create a map for you. ZeeMaps is probably the quickest you will find on the market. With no signup required, you can start breezing through the process straightaway.
- ZeeMaps offers you
- No signup option
- Customize your icons
- Map images
- Multimedia support
- Mobile friendly
- Real time traffic overlays
- Market groups
- Heat maps
- Spatial data Aggregates
- Trip planners for route distance and time calculations
- Grid edits
- Powerful geo search
- Private mapping
- You can start at the Basic Plan for $0 that comes with a lifetime of viewing created maps, unlimited features, and pay-per-use add-ons.
ZeeMaps has been used to pin over 220 million locations! You can pin yours today and join ZeeMaps.
Maptitude gives you the tools, maps, and demographic data you need to analyze and understand how geography affects you and your business.
Every day you have to contend with spreadsheets and databases filled with vast amounts of customer, employee, sales, facility, and territory data. With Maptitude mapping software you can visualize data in new and different ways, unearth geographic patterns hidden in your data, and convey that information in a straightforward manner. Maptitude provides everything you need to realize the benefits of desktop mapping and spatial analysis with a single, easy-to-use package. With Maptitude you can:
- Know exactly where your customers are
- See where sales are highest
- Find hidden opportunities
- Spot geographic patterns and trends that cannot be seen in database tables and spreadsheets
- Answer geographic questions that impact your operations
Maptitute is loaded with features for large enterprises and mid markets. Definitely a contender for one of the most comprehensive solutions to integrate with your business, Maptitude can really impact the way the world works at your office. Here is what is Maptitude doing:
- Estimate populations using the demographics included with Maptitude spatial mapping software
- Locate unlimited numbers of records by address, postal code, coordinate, and more
- Determine drive-time or distance rings at any interval
- Build custom territories from smaller areas, from a table, or automatically based on proximity to map features
- Identify weighted concentrations of features and over- and under-served areas
- Filter features based on location and geographic attributes as well as conditional data attributes
- Determine trade areas and identify valuable sites
- Aggregate your data to areas such as postal codes and visualize your data with heat maps, charts, 3D prism maps and more
- Measure distances and find shortest and fastest routes
Maptitude offers free trials and market competitive packages to suit your needs. See the price plans here.
A complete, desktop mapping solution for the geographic information system (GIS) analyst to visualize, analyze, edit, interpret, and output data — revealing relationships, patterns, and trends.
You can use MapInfo Pro for:
- Complete GIS solution. You can explore maps to better understand a location by gathering information about its key features and how they interact. Then model and integrate your corporate data with maps and demographics. And finally, act and build models to make decisions
- Custom applications: Solve specific business needs.
- Scalable analytics: MapInfo is for every company size that needs analytical tools
- User-centric collaboration: Access community tips and tricks from map pros
Domino’s Pizza uses MapInfo to plan its business with intelligence. Would you like to make plans too? Get connected with MapInfo Pro.
Simple GIS Software
Tired of expensive and complicated GIS software systems that require a steep learning curve and large investment? With Simple GIS Client, you’ll get a lightweight yet powerful system that’s easy to use and affordable!
With Simple GIS, you get:
- Professional quality maps
- Powerful spatial analysis cabapibitlies
- Mapping excel using street addresses
- GPS tracking and routing support
- Powerful imagery geo-processing capabilities
- Powerful editing tools
- Free GIS learning resources
- Low starting cost and free trials
You can try first or buy straight away, Simple GIS is here to help you in an affordable way.
Salesforce Maps Increase your customer conversions, improve revenue, and drive pipeline and lead generation. This GIS software helps field reps plan for customer visits safely while spending less time on the road and more time building relationships.
You can design strategic sales and service territories that integrate with Salesforce and external systems. Salesforce is an incredible tool up your sleeve to amp your sales, marketing, analytics, commerce, manufacturing, and sustainability features. That’s quite a size of the product line!
The steep learning curve comes for free here. You will stay updated with what’s happening at the front-end, new releases, and industry leading updates. Check out what Salesforce Maps can do for you!
Drop your pin!
Here ends our review of the top 9 GIS software solutions. Whether you choose an open source, free trial, or are ready to invest in the powerful features of a GIS software, you are sure to drop your pin with one of our picks.