Batch processing software allows users to update multiple devices from one location. Batch management tools make it easier to update collectively instead of upgrading lots of individual network devices. Users depend on only one interface to push software and firmware updates.
Batch management solutions run at the system level and are managed by development and IT teams. The main task is to keep OS-level information up to date and help maintain OS-level functionality. They also generate system reports while they complete regular and scheduled system tasks.
Here is a review of our best picks of batch processing software.
AWS Batch enables developers, scientists, and engineers to easily and efficiently run hundreds of thousands of batch computing jobs on AWS. AWS Batch dynamically provisions the optimal quantity and type of compute resources (e.g., CPU or memory optimized instances) based on the volume and specific resource requirements of the batch jobs submitted.
With AWS Batch, there is no need to install and manage batch computing software or server clusters that you use to run your jobs, allowing you to focus on analyzing results and solving problems.
Key benefits of using AWS batch are:
- Fully managed: AWS Batch eliminates the need to operate third-party commercial or open source batch processing solutions
- Integrated with AWS: AWS Batch is natively integrated with the AWS platform, allowing you to leverage the scaling, networking, and access management capabilities of AWS.
- Cost optimized resource provisioning: AWS Batch provisions compute resources and optimizes the job distribution based on the volume and resource requirements of the submitted batch jobs.
Use case of AWS batch:
- Financial services: Post-trade analytics: Automate the analysis of the day’s transaction costs, execution reporting, and market performance.
- Life sciences: Drug screening for biopharma: Rapidly search libraries of small molecules for drug discovery.
- Digital media: Visual effects rendering: Automate content rendering workloads and reduce the need for human intervention due to execution dependencies or resource scheduling.
Additionally, AWS batch offers;
- Dynamic compute resource provisioning and scaling
- AWS Batch with Fargate
- Support for tightly-coupled HPC workloads
- Granular job definitions and simple job dependency modeling
- Priority-based job scheduling
- Support for GPU scheduling
- Support for popular workflow engines
The data integration platform to build, run, monitor and manage smart data pipelines that deliver continuous data for DataOps, and power modern analytics and hybrid integration.
Only StreamSets provides a single design experience for all design patterns for:
- 10x greater developer productivity
- smart data pipelines that are resilient to change for 80% less breakages
- a single pane of glass for managing and monitoring all pipelines across hybrid and cloud architectures to eliminate blind spots and control gaps.
With StreamSets, you can deliver the continuous data that drives the connected enterprise. Running your first pipeline in StreamSets is easy and completely free.
More features include:
- Easy to Start, Easy to Scale
- Quickly build and deploy streaming, batch, CDC, ETL and ML pipelines Handle Data Drift Automatically
- Keep jobs running even when schemas and structures change
- Deploy across Hybrid and Multi-cloud Platforms
- Monitor and manage all your data pipelines from a single platform
StreamSets partners are:
- Google Cloud Storage
- Microsoft Azure
StreamSets is one of the best batch processing software, and it is the preferred solution for IBM, Shell, RingCentral, GSK and more.
Use Azure Batch to run large-scale parallel and high-performance computing (HPC) batch jobs efficiently in Azure. Azure Batch creates and manages a pool of compute nodes (virtual machines), installs the applications you want to run, and schedules jobs to run on the nodes.
There’s no cluster or job scheduler software to install, manage, or scale. Instead, you use Batch APIs and tools, command-line scripts, or the Azure portal to configure, manage, and monitor your jobs.