On a daily basis, all of us get important directions or come across business ideas that are important to remember. Online notepads can help you easily write these points down.
Given most of us have faced the repercussions of forgetting important to-do’s; it’s essential to find out which are the best online notepads available in 2021 to get things done.
The team at SaasReviews has reviewed the 5 best free online notepads for 2021.
Let’s start… 🙂
Why do you need an online notepad?
When I was in A-Levels, I used to the nerd who would carry pen and paper everywhere I went.
Sometimes it was a notepad…
At other times it would just be a plain piece of pen and paper.
I personally moved to exploring the best online notepads, because:
- Access: Online notepads provide remarkable access. Anyone using such apps can add, copy, or edit their notes from a laptop, phone, or tablet.
- Convenience: Not having to carry a pen and paper at all times with everyone having a phone really simplifies everything.
- Searching: Just think about it – if you have 15 or 30 pages of paper to search for a piece of information would it be easy? Not really! But, with online notepads, you have the ease of actually searching all your notes with just a keyphrase through the app.
The Best Online Notepads of 2021
There are some tools for a project manager which are totally a basic requirement if they are to improve their productivity in 2021.
If you want a notepad app with a Chrome extension then Notepad by Clickup is the perfect match for you.
The app shows up on the right bottom of your screen from where you can jot down reminders or do research while your online & browsing.
You need to just click the purple button and your entire list of notes is right there. It even provides a rich text editing option.
- Mark to-do lists and you can mark them as done when complete
- Communicate with your team just like Slack
- Track goals and time on the go
- Available for Desktop and also as a Chrome extension
- You can handle project management tasks just like Monday.com
One of the easies and quickest way of using notepads is RapidTables – it definitely lives up to the expectations.
All it really takes is to just enter the URL and you have the notepad infront of you.
RapidTables as one of the best online notepads available in the market; especially the large text area.
The app contains commonly used functions, including opening an existing file, cut, copy, paste, redo, undo and selecting all the relevant text.
RapidTables also provides the option of zooming in and out of the text if you want to have a closer or distant look.
When you are the done with the process of making notes, just hit the Save As button to the save the text file on whichever device your using.
- Footer contains the line and character count
- Provides the capability of sharing notes on social networks plus through email
- A lot of other features including PDF converters, line graph maker etc.
Shrib is a free online notepads that let’s you take notes and not to be worried about losing them.
The best part is it automatically backs up your note on the cloud as you type.
One draw back of the app is that they delete your notes after three months of inactivity, so it’s essential you keep using the app from time to time.
It even provides the capability of creating a custom URL and write the name in the following order for example shrib.com/andrew.
Once you have the custom link you can always login into your custom link and edit your notes. You can even publish your notes as a webpage.
- Save your notes for upto 3 months (after which they get deleted)
- Quick print your notes
- Share notes on over 180 social networks
- Create a unique URL for every note to have easy access
Primapad allows you to simply name your notepad which takes you the URL where you can create notes.
It is a minimal notepad in the sense that you don’t get to customize your text.
You get a custom URL where your notes are auto saved as you compose them.
Having such a unique URL allows you to access your notes from anywhere and through any device.
If your’re looking for someone else’s opinion or feedback on the notes, you can always share the URL with the reviewer.
It also includes sharing functionality as well which makes it easier to collaborate with peers.
- Quick note sharing features to manage notes in a project where a group is involved
- Edit and share your notes on the go with the cloud hosted service
iTextpad is a cloud based notepad that allows you to access notes on any device.
Available on both mobile and desktop, iTextPad provides a responsive notepad.
It has strong accessbility options and privacy features, iTextPad is an amazing choice for for both corporate businesses and individuals alike.
The app also provides the option of a unique URL where you can store all your notes.
In addition, there is a calendar as well that you can use to schedule notes for specific days.
- Create a Link: Provides the capability of creating a unique URL to view and edit your notes
- Printing Notes Option
- Lock your notes: Capability to password protect your notes so that only those people can access your notes who have the password with them
- Share Link: Create a sharable link to distribute the notes to other individuals
Best Free Online Notepads FAQ
Overall, what is the best free online notepad?
Clickup in our view is the best free online notepad available in 2021.
What is the best free online notepad with password protection?
We used all five apps on our review with respec to password protection and
iTextPad had the easiest process for password protecting your notes.