Looking for an Evernote Replacement? A number of apps are available online which you could utilize as an alternative to Evernote.
If you didn’t know – Evernote is a note taking app designed to organize and collect text, pictures, audio recordings and videos.
These notes are stored on the cloud that allows users to access their notes from any platform or device.
- Best Alternatives to Evernote: 3 Note Taking Apps you should be using in 2021
- 3 of the best SEO reporting tools for Agencies in 2021 (New Guide)
- 4 of the Best PowerPoint Alternatives in 2021 (with User Reviews)
- 5 Best Online Notepads for 2021 (FREE & No Login Required)
- Top 9 Tools for a Project Manager in 2021 (New Guide)
Being more productive with Evernote
If you’re working independently or as part of a broader team, chances are you must have a lot of information to save, access, and organize it for reference.
If these are your use cases than Evernote is an important application for you to have.
What is Evernote?
Evernote is one of the world’s most renowned note taking software solutions.
With more than 200 million subscribers, it has firmly established itself as the go to app for note taking since more than a decade.
Evernote is a cloud based app which lets you:
- Work anywhere: Keep all the important information handy by syncing your devices with your notes
- Capture what matters: Add text, audio, images, scans, documents, and PDFs to your notes
- Your Notes according to your needs: Write however way you’re thinking
- Find things faster than you can possibly think.
With mobile and desktop apps for iOS, Windows Android and MacOS, Evernote lets you jot down notes whenever you like. J
While there are multiple good things about Evernote – there are some drawbacks as well which doesn’t make the note-taking app the perfect fit for all your requirements.
Here are some Evernote drawbacks which you would face when using this note taking app:
1. Limited Free Version + Costly pricing plans
Evernote does have a free version; however, it’s very limited in its nature.
- You can’t save notes offline to two or more devices.
- You can only sync data across two devices.
- Each note has to be smaller than 25MB’s which essentially means you will find it harder to embed audio, images, and video files.
- Evernote only offers 60MB of new storage for standard notes every month – another problem if you want to work with audio, video, and image files.
This makes the Evernote Free version not as attractive as what others are offering. This would not have bene a problem had users found it cheap to upgrade to paid plans.
But that’s not the easiest of options considering Evernote’s paid plans are expensive than competitors working in the same niche.
The Evernote Pricing plans are split into two distinct categories:
- Evernote Plus: $3.99/month (for 1GB of new storage monthly uploads)
- Evernote Premium: $7.99/month (for 10GB of new storage monthly uploads)
Forcing users to pay for one of the basic requirements from a note taking app ensures that people are individuals and teams are looking elsewhere for their note taking needs.
You can get far more functionality from Evernote Alternatives in 2021.
2. Lacks Productivity Features
Unlike project management and productivity tools that come with options such as task management and to-do lists, Evernote only has the capability to make notes.
You could create basic checklists but that’s about all.
Sure, you could create detailed notes but you’ll eventually have to transfer them to your task management app. But the question arises – Why would you want to deploy two separate tools when you could find an Evernote Alternative in 2021 that has more dynamic features and potentially cheaper?
But of course, you will definitely be more productive with Evernote but that doesn’t mean that it’s the only worthwhile note taking app in the category.
Like I mentioned in the beginning, there are tons of note taking apps out there.
We have reviewed the 3 of the best Alternatives to Evernote to make your decision a whole lot easier.
3 Best Evernote Alternatives
There is definitely no shortage of best Evernote alternatives available in 2021! Let’s explore the top three apps which can help you replace Evernote with better options.
1. Proof Hub
Platforms: Android, Web, iOS
ProofHub is one of the best Evernote alternatives available in 2021.
Primarily, a project management app but ProofHub has an efficient note management system. It’s the best place to gather your thoughts and ideas in one central repository.
As an alternative to Evernote, ProofHub Notes allows you to capture all your ideas, finalized plans, random thoughts and all other important project and task information so that you don’t have to fret about forgetting anything crucial.
ProofHub has a powerful note management system that lets you color code notes, add comments and make private notes.
With each note you write down in ProofHub you get the opportunity to pin them right to the top. This makes it accessible and saves users a lot of time.
Clickup is one of the best productivity and project management apps available in 2021 that has all the documentation and note-taking features that you’ll ever need.
It’s used by teams from top blue chip conglomerates and has received high ratings from websites like Capterra, G2 and Getapp which gives credibility to their claims.
Generally speaking, there multiple things you can work on with Clickup:
- Notepad with a plugin for browsers
- Task Management Capabilities
- Intuitive UI
- Real-time collaboration on tasks
- Access rights
- Powerful Reminders
- Feature-rich free version
- Good Customer Support
Bear is an incredibly popular note taking app and is on our list of Evernote Alternatives in 2021.
With powerful editing features, users find no problem in taking notes in Bear.
- Amazing User Interface
- Powerful Categorization Options
- Can Annote DOCX, PDFs, TXT notes
- Automatically syncs data across platforms.
The Bear app has a free version for basic note creation purposes.
If you plan on accessing its advanced features than you’ll have to buy a subscription which are all billed as either $1.49 monthly or $14.99 yearly.
Concluding remarks on the Best Evernote Alternatives
Even though Evernote is a great app – it does have its drawbacks.
The tools which we’ve reviewed are the best Evernote alternatives on the market currently.
While there do exist a multitude of other options, none are as comprehensive as the three Evernote alternatives listed here.
Using a tool like ProofHub for your note taking and productivity needs is definitely your best option. With powerful notes and a host of other amazing features, you’ll find everything you require in one place.
Whether on your mobile devices or desktop, ProofHub can handle anything you throw its way to manage.